Planes, trains, and automobiles! Whether you’re hitting the road with your family or flying solo for a business trip, the logistics of travel can be stressful and impede on the fun travel experience. So say goodbye to overpacked suitcases and unhappy flights! Here are the 10 best travel hacks to help make your voyage more efficient and comfortable.
1. If you don’t already have a stockpile of miniature body washes and lotions, it’s time to start a collection of travel- and sample-size toiletries. You’ll never have to worry about packing large bottles of shampoo and conditioner again! And don’t be afraid to refill and reuse them.
2. Instead of folding all of your clothes and packing towering piles into your suitcase, try rolling your items! You can even roll socks and underwear into your clothes to maximize your space-saving. You’ll be surprised with how much extra room you will have!
3. No jewelry roll? A Monday-Friday pill organizer is a compact way to keep all of your accessories neat and tidy (and de-tangeld from one another!).10 Best Travel Hacks For A Smooth Voyage Click To Tweet
4. Pack clothes for your travel wardrobe around a color scheme to allow for easy mixing and matching. Try to pare back and only stow away the staples. Bring accessories like scarves, hats, and jewelry to dress up simple pieces!
5. Don’t be stuck lugging around your clunky carry-on for the entirety of your trip. Pack a couple extra, smaller bags in your checked luggage so you’ll have options when you hit the town! They also serve as further storage spaces in your suitcase. (A clutch doubles easily as a cosmetic bag!)
6. If you’ll be making multiple stops on your trip, it’s a good idea to toss the bar of hotel soap into your bag of dirty laundry to keep your suitcase fresh. No soap? A dryer sheet will work just as well!
7. Especially if you are traveling abroad, it’s smart to call your debit or credit card company to authorize your card for foreign use. This will save you the drama of having your card shut off mid-trip due to “suspicious activity.”
8. Prepare for the worst–email yourself a scan of your passport, identification card, and any other important documents you may need. This will arm you with an extra copy in the off chance that anything is misplaced or stolen. Save the PDFs on your smartphone so you’ll have an offline record, too.
9. A tried and true travel trip: wear your heaviest items on the plane. Clunky boots take up lots of your precious luggage space, and a puffy coat doubles as comfy travel pillows! This can also save you a few pounds if you’re worried about your bag making it under a weight limit.
10. Scarves are your savior on the plane. Blanket scarves–it’s in the name! Wrap yourself up when the flight inevitably gets chilly to stay nice and cozy. Infinity scarves also work as a good makeshift eye mask to block out harsh light.
With all of the planning that goes into travel, there are plenty of things that can inevitably go wrong. Remember that a few deep breaths can go a long way, and hopefully these best travel hacks and tricks can help minimize the stress! Bon voyage!